Instagram has been making a lot of changes lately. Some for the better and some have been getting some serious backlash. The social media platform is making it harder and harder to get your posts seen by your audience. When you post to Instagram, your post is only seen by 10% of your followers. If that post does well with that 10%, it will then be shown to the other 90%. Seems a little unfair doesn’t it?Read More
Millennials splash through that stereotype with a new one of their own, a burst of colourful personalities wanting the most out of life in the shortest amount of time. Unlike our parents, we know what we love and if we don’t get it or see it in the market, we’ll build it ourselves -- and then sell it online to a waiting audience of millions.Read More
Employee orientations, if done properly, can be what makes your new hires come back for day two. If done improperly, you could lose someone who could have been a valuable part of your company’s team. It’s a day that should have a good deal of planning beforehand to make it a great day where new employees will feel welcomed, eased, and ready to start the next chapter of their lives.Read More
With tuition costs at their highest, many students work part-time (or even full-time) while in school to cover living expenses and costs associated with being a student. It can be tough for students to juggle both a job and school work, especially when there is financial stress. There are numerous jobs available at St. Lawrence College through the summer as well as during the school year; at Spark, we believe working on campus is a great option for students for many reasons.Read More
You’re in the recruitment process and you’ve made the wise decision, that to make your business the best it can be, you need the leadership and devotion that comes with hiring millennials. Sometimes it can be a little difficult to find and hire educated, skilled youth.Read More
I am a Google addict. Every time I have a question, I ask Google first. Here at Spark when we can’t remember the lyrics to a Moana song or are in a disagreement on how old Celine Dion really is, we “Google it”. Google knows the answer to everything. Why use our brains to remember things, when our phones remember everything for us?